It’s International Nurses Day 2022!
Every 12 months from May sixth to May twelfth, the world celebrates Nurses Week which honours everyone working inside the nursing occupation.
Honoured by the The International Council of Nurses (ICN), it objectives to thank nurses for all their contributions to society.
Nurses Week culminates with National Nurses Day on May twelfth, which is Florence Nightingale’s birthday.
She is seen as a result of the founder of latest day nursing and International Nurses Day as everyone knows it has been celebrated yearly since January 1974.
If you want to honour the day, and this 12 months’s theme “Make a Difference” on social media, listed under are some quotes to share…
International Nurses Day quotes
- “Nursing is without doubt one of the nice arts: I had nearly stated ‘the finest of fine arts.” – Florence Nightingale.
- “America’s nurses are the beating coronary heart of our medical system.” – Barack Obama
- “Nurses are there when the last breath is taken, and nurses are there when the first breath is taken. Although it is more enjoyable to celebrate the birth, it is just as important to comfort in death.” – Christine Belle
- “You treat a disease: you win, you lose. You treat a person, I guarantee you win – no matter the outcome.” – Robin Williams
- “Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier.” – Mother Teresa
- “Nurses – one of the few blessings of being ill.” – Sara Moss-Wolfe
- “To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “The character of the nurse is as important as the knowledge she possesses.” – Carolyn Jarvis
- “As nurses we know suffering. We are full aware of how precious each moment of life is.” – Patricia Bratianu
- “As a nurse we have the opportunity to heal the mind, soul, heart, and body of our patients. They may forget your name, but they will never forget how you made them feel.” – Maya Angelou
- “Nurses are always there, you care for us from the earliest years. You look after us in our happiest and saddest times. And for many, you look after us and our families at the end of our lives. Your dedication and professionalism are awe-inspiring.” – Duchess Kate Middleton
- “Let us never consider ourselves finished nurses….we must be learning all of our lives.” – Florence Nightingale
- “Every nurse was drawn to nursing because of a desire to care, to serve, or to help.” – Christina Feist-Heilmeier
- “When I think about all the patients and their loved ones I have worked with over the years, I know most of them don’t remember me, nor I them. But I do know that I gave a little piece of myself to each of them, and they to me, and those threads make up the tapestry that is my career in nursing.” – Donna Wilk Cardillo
- “Constant attention by a good nurse may be just as important as a major operation by a surgeon.” – Dag Hammarskjold
- “The doctors may be mapping out the war games, but it is the nurses who make the conflict bearable.” – Jodi Picoult
- “When a person decides to become a nurse, they make the most important decision of their lives. They choose to dedicate themselves to the care of others.” – Margaret Harvey
- “Never give up on anybody. Miracles happen every day.” – H. Jackson Brown Jr.
- “To do what nobody else will do, a way that nobody else can do, in spite of all we go through; that is to be a nurse.” – Rawsi Williams
- “Nurses dispense comfort, compassion, and caring without even a prescription.” – Val Saintsbury
- “From caring comes courage.” – Lao Tzu
- “There are only four kinds of people in the world. Those who have been caregivers. Those who are currently caregivers. Those who will be caregivers, and those who will need a caregiver.” – Rosalyn Carter
- “A nurse is compassion in scrubs.” – Lexie Saige
- “The trained nurse has become one of the great blessings of humanity, taking a place beside the physician and the priest.” – William Osler
- “Nursing encompasses an art, a humanistic orientation, a feeling for the value of the individual, and an intuitive sense of ethics, and of the appropriateness of action taken.” – Myrtle Aydelotte
- “No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.” – Aesop
27 inspiring International Nurses Day 2022 quotes to honour the occupation.For More Article Visit PSIEV